Thursday 2 April 2015

April 1st

Not one of my better days.   I dislocated my left shoulder and have a small fracture so my torso is now encased in an enveloping sling, which I am not supposed to remove for a month.  Only my nearest and dearest will want to know me.  But I should be back on the tennis court, I hope, in May and the piste next winter, so it's not too bad. 
The experience is not one I wish to repeat. I hit frozen crud at the top of the black Princess piste.  The paramedic with the stretcher skied past us and had to go down and up again.   The ride down was not too bad until we ran out of piste and ended up on ruts and grass until we got to the road and the ambulance.  At the clinic they hauled the bone back, without pain killers or a muscle relaxant, which I am told is what I would have had in the UK.  Gordon and Carol came and picked me and Caroline up as John had a meeting.   The doctor said that the chemist would stay open so I could buy the painkillers and anti-inflammatories, but he had got fed up with waiting and had gone for lunch!  This is France.  So Carol went back for them in the afternoon.  10 days' supply of drugs and the sling came to 152.40 euros!  Our family party consists of 2 GPs, one medic.who finished medical school but didn't practise, a consultant orthopaedic surgeon and consultant  radiologist.  Another GP arrives tonight..I do not lack medical advice.  So back home next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment