Friday 17 March 2017

Sorry, I have been rather lax in blogging.  I went to see the osteopath who gave my ankle a twist and a yank and something went click.  He said I could go skiing.  The problem was that it still hurt but on the other side.  So I took a couple of days off which was most frustrating as the weather was beautiful, warm and sunny.  However, yesterday I decided to go out anyway and found a technique which minimised the pain.   I went to see the osteopath again today and I am now hopeful that it is on course for recovery.  He is a lovely man:  he asked me my age and expressed surprise as he thought I was younger!
In the meantime, Jonny and Tracey have been out this week.  Tracey isn't skiing so she and Carol have been doing things together.   Sadly, I have not been able to ski with Jonny as much as I would have liked.  But we have had lots of nice lunches out, sitting in the sun at the  Dahu, Alpage and 540. They go home tomorrow.  Jonathan and Fiona Muirhead are leaving on Monday as they are having to give up their apartment in Megeve early.  I think they have enjoyed their season and are talking about coming back next year, but for longer.  However, we have all our family coming out the first week in April and more snow is forecast for next week, so the end of the season is looking good.  We are full next week but not the last week in March, so if you want a quick ski holiday on a short break that is the time to come.  The slopes are empty, the sun is shining and the pistes are in good condition first thing, though at this time of the year they tend to get a bit soft in the afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment