Sunday 28 January 2018

Sunny weekend

Yesterday was odd.  In town we were covered in grey cloud, but half way up the mountain the sun had burned through and it was beautiful.  The down side of that was that everyone had come out to play.   Normally we don't expect to have to queue for a lift.   But this weekend we had to share our pistes with others.   Even so, the wait to get on the Mont Joux chair was probably only about 4 minutes, so one can't really complain.

Today I skied the Rochebrune ridge as John was doing a transfer.   He said the Princess car park was packed and cars were parked on the road, so I think I made the right choice.   Its the nearest Megeve car park to Geneva and people come for the day if its a sunny Sunday.

I got out early so skied to Cote 2000 without any queues, though the Lanchettes queue was building up as I got on the lift and the Petit Fontaine chair was busy.  I skied for about four hours and then came home for lunch, which one can do if you're out for the whole season.

We are very lucky that most of the time we have the pistes to ourselves, so I mustn't complain too much when others want to share my fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment