Monday 3 February 2014

Fluffy, Deep, Powder #Snow in #Megeve!

40cm of fresh snow fell Saturday night in Megeve so Sunday was a powder day.  

We even managed to get up early (for us) and made it onto the 9:00am bus up to Mont d'Arbois.  Gordon, of course was still ahead of us on the 8:40 bus.  Never mind.  We did a run down the black Princesse to warm up - I was very warm by the bottom having mis-judged an off-piste field and had to walk back up to the piste!  Oh well, you live and learn.  Then on to the Princesse field - John became rather friendly with the stream bed, not a good place to take a tumble.  We all had a few spills though.  I did a very elegant rolly polly on the Mont Rosset field.  Great fun.  The visibility wasn't good but as long as you kept in the trees it was fine.  I haven't got any pics of Sunday as it wasn't really photo taking weather but there's a few of the day before which was beautiful!  Lunch at the Alpage and then back to the chalet and picked up the transfer back for the UK.  Home in Norwich by 8:30pm.  A great weekend.  If you fancy a short ski break or ski weekend, we have plenty of availability in late Feb or March and conditions are excellent. 


The ski trialling is continuing apace.  Having not been very happy with the Scott Maya's, I tried the Atomic Cloud 8's on Saturday which I enjoyed.  Much more zippy out of the turns than the Scotts on piste and off-piste they were good too. Mind you it might have been helped by being told how to ski them i.e. get on your edges!  On Sunday I tried some Volkl Kenja's which I also really enjoyed.  The problem is that the conditions were so different on the Sunday that it was quite difficult to compare.  The Volkl's were a nicer colour though!  I shall reach a firm decision when I'm back out at the beginning of April.  After 14 years, I am definitely due a new pair.  Many thanks to Ski Concept though for letting me trial the skis.  Much appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment